November is "National Peanut Butter Lover's Month." A large number of students today are allergic to peanut butter. Some classrooms and/or schools have even become "Peanut Free" zones. Do you think this is fair for the students are not allergic to peanut butter? Explain your thinking. Are you allergic to anything? What measures do you do to avoid contamination?
(Use Hypoallergenic)
I think it is fair for children that are not allergic to peanut butter because we all need to think about the health of others. If I were allergic to peanut butter I wouldn't want it around. It would be a big temptation that I could become even more sick. We all need to look at different perspectives. We can not just focus on our own, it wouldn't be fair.
Now if we look at the people that are not hypoallergenic to peanut butter, they would think they have the right to eat it. Yet, if they put themselves in other shoes they would think differently. The school also needs to put rules that can tell the students to eat peanut butter at home so that we can all be safe. Although I think no one is allergic to peanut butter.
I don't think I am allergic to anything, or maybe I haven't discovered it. I would try to stay away from anything that would make me itchy or look weird. I have a friend though that is allergic to nuts. She can't touch, nor eat them. I always try to not eat nuts around her because it is disrespectful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.