Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Journal # 18


August 2,2012

Do you think the Olympics are important? Why or why not? If you were watching them what would be your favorite and least favorite events?
(Use tangible)

I think the Olympics are important not just for the United States, but the whole world. The Olympics show what parts of the world give their best efforts in the events. There are many events such as basketball, volleyball, swimming, racing etc. There are so many events to choose from so that the United States can be tangible.
I have been watching the Olympics and my favorite events are volleyball, gymnastics, and diving. Volleyball is one of my favorite events because I get to see some techniques I could use when I play. Gymnastics show great balance, especially on the beam. Yet, it can also be very dangerous since it is only 3 inches thick. Last but not least the diving shows how two people can do the same movements at the same time. It almost seems impossible.
My least favorite Olympic events are running and bike races. I don’t find them very interesting. I know all events are important but I find those events too long. Unlike diving and volleyball that are interesting events and quick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.