October 4,2012
Luis is your age and is
drunk. There might be times you can convince yourself that you’re okay — this
wasn’t one of those times. He was drunk and he knew he was drunk. But that
wasn’t the problem. He had gone to this party with his friends, including a
designated driver, but they had already left. He was supposed to go with them,
but he was having such a great time he told them he’d find another ride.
Now he was stuck with
only five dollars and his cell phone. The only people left who could give him a
ride were pretty wasted, themselves. He thought about calling a friend, but it
was at least thirty miles (Riverside) to his house (Bell) and he didn’t want to
impose. He couldn’t stay where he was because he didn’t even know the people
who threw the party. If he called his parents…. well, he couldn’t even imagine
how much trouble he would be in. They thought the party was nearby and had
already told him not to get home too late or he was going to be grounded.
A girl he had met that
night said her friend was dropping her off and could take him too.
Unfortunately, she was pretty buzzed. Luis knew it was dumb to get into the car
with a driver you know is drunk. Everyone knows that. But everyone doesn’t have
to go thirty miles and then face grumpy parents. As far as he was concerned, he
was in trouble either way. He needed to make a decision.
What Advice would you
give him if he called you? If you were Luis and stranded, what would you
do in this situation? Do you see yourself ever having this problem? Why?
(Use impose)
The advice I will give Luis will be to use his phone
to call his parents or use the five dollars to ride a cab or the bus. I would
preferably go with calling his parents he won’t have to ask strangers for
directions. Yet, the worst part is that he is drunk. His parents will be
relieved to have him home yet kill him at the same time. If I were his parent I
will ground him for life.
One he
lied my going to party that was farther than said. Reason two is that he is a
teen that is drunk that just shows how much he cares about himself. I will also
consider the bus or the cab if he really is a chicken in facing his parents.
Although that would bring more conflict he can also get lost if he doesn’t know
how the bus stops work. A cab can also have a weird guy or lady driving that
can leave you wherever.
The way I would impose
if I were ever in this dumb situation is to call my parents no questions asked.
I would be scared to ride a bus or a cab because there will be a possibility of
me getting kidnapped. I will never get drunk that would the worst thing to do
especially as a teen, that just ruins your life. Another reason this will not
happen to me because I have very strict parents that will not let me go
anywhere with out them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.