October 18,2012
Do you feel safe at school?
Why? Describe your experience at school yesterday during the
drill. Do you think you are prepared for an emergency? (Use catastrophe)
When
I am at school I feel safe because there are lots of adults that take care of
us. I also feel safe because I have friends that care about me. Yesterday
during the drill for period 2, it was a preparation for an earthquake.
California has this drill in schools, because we are the number one earthquake
zones. Our area has had major earthquakes, and we are waiting for a bigger one.
The
drill was the usual to drop and cover under a table. Although the rules require
that, the tables are too small. I you are in luck and have a bigger table you
might just fit. In my case I had to share so I rolled up into a ball to fit. I
wonder how tall basketball players would fit in a small desk. That is a big
problem that can lead to a catastrophe, which is
what the school does not want.
The
school is prepared for an earthquake we all know where to go when we all head
to the field and line up with our homeroom. Each homeroom has a place in the
field that the students need to report to immediately. After that the teacher
takes role and assures that all students are here and reports it to the
principal. If there is a missing student, it also has to be reported and adults
will try to find them. I think our school will be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.